Have you just got engaged? Nearly half of all couples get engaged during the wintery months November to February. So, if you have just said 'Yes!' to each other, here are some ideas to get celebrations underway over these darker. colder months:
- Throw a party! After Christmas there is not usually much happening in January and February. Why not provide friends and family with a wonderful party, and something to see them through the wintery months. Even better, combine your engagement party with a Christmas party, and have one almighty knees-up!
- Find 'your' Christmas film. Watch a bunch of films together to find your joint Christmas favourite. Watch it every year together.
- With energy bills on the rise, the weather temperatures at a low, why not turn to the hot water bottle of each other and snuggle up in bed together. You could read a book, watch telly, or start planning your wedding from the comfort of your bed!
- Make your own cocktail! Get creative with the drinks, try a few combinations to develop your very own Christmas drink. Name it after yourself> Serve it every Christmas to your friends and family.
- Take some selfies in front of the Christmas tree. If you pop your phone on portrait mode, cuddle in front of the tree and get a nice picture of the two of you together. The portrait mode function should use the lights from the tree to add some bokeh (which is where the lights are blurred in the background).
- Make your own Christmas cards for each other. You could make them as funny or sentimental as you like. It could be a great way to tell each other what you like about each other and why you want to spend the rest of your lives together.
- Make a naughty and nice list. I'll leave that one there! Wink wink!!
- Book an engagement shoot! Winter is a fantastic time to get couples shots. You can use the pictures for your 'save the dates', to create a guest book for your wedding or just as a great way to start documenting the beginning of your journey together. Plus its something to look forward to for after Christmas!
Here, I am sharing some of the wonderful shots we took at Beaumont Park the other weekend with this gorgeous couple.
Shoot are available: hour long session £150, your location of choice, around 50 images for you to treasure.